|Snoozing between Dressage tests. Or imagining bucking me off because|
Dressage is stoopid!
Partake in the Karen Ritchey clinic. See what the take-aways are and have a goal of riding a Training level Dressage test by the end of the lessons.We managed to get into the clinic and have productive rides, as well as riding a Training Level test! Continue to work on the basics - walk, trot, canter, back up, TOH, TOF.We've been plugging along! I need to incorporate more TOH, TOF though.
- REAL trail ride into the wilderness. Didn't happen. The weekend N and I were supposed to trail ride, I went to the show instead. Maybe this month.
Be hot-shod for the first time and don't kill the farrier.Super success! She was very, very good. Work on strengthening the hind end - hills!We've started to add trotting up hills into our work regime! Possible first show (or another Clear Rounds day) - whichever the work schedule allows. Plan for pure exposure and have no expectations going in.We were able to go to a Percentage Day/Clear Rounds AND a show! The exposure has really helped and I feel like she's going to make such a cool partner.
Start to get him going again - the plan is to show him at the BVX at the end of August and I am going to be competing for high point so I need to get my shit together with the potato pony.While I didn't necessarily drive the heck out of him this month, my friend who came up to visit for two weeks did! I mostly ponied Spud. Purchase new driving whip, bucking strap (details to follow >.< ), driving show coat. I have a new whip, still haven't ordered the bucking strap yet and have decided to leave out a new show coat for now. Take him in the Canada Day Parade again (this will be his second time in the parade!).And he was a super star!
- See if I am able to take him to the monthly Gymkhana for fun. Didn't end up asking, as I was hauling with Annie most of the month.
|More meat on these bones would be nice... Sigh.|
Anyone else perpetually stressed out about their horse's weight?
- Work on her weight- she seems to bulk up and then wavers. I am experimenting with free feeding without a nibble net tho to see if that is our issue.
- Trail riding! I am itching to get out into the open wilderness with this mare!
- Go through some big water - this mare hasn't crossed rivers or anything like that yet!
- Continue to work on schooling exercises and try to loosen the contact when asking for canter - try out a suggestion Horse Show Buddy gave and see if it makes a difference.
- Incorporate jumps/poles into riding routine.
|Not stressed about his weight, altho we need to get more|
conditioning drives in...
- Log in some Dressage drives. Work on trot lengthenings, tighter canter turns, and having him drop his head and swing his hips at the free walk.
- Continue legging him up with ponying as well.
- Go for High Point at BVX :)