- Take 2-3 lessons with Karen (weather permitting). This didn't happen. After Second Winter and conflicting schedules, I just wasn't able to get any lessons planned.
Fool around with saddle fitting on the baby pewny.Tentative yes and no - still working on it.
- Continue to work on loading in the straight haul. This will come out in a new blog post, but we had a major set-back recently which is unfortunate.
Pony Annie from Spud's cart or pony Spud from Annie.This was a success!
Start to properly leg him up - ponying from Annie if possible.I've started legging him up, but not off of Annie yet.
- Haul him out to the outdoor 1-2x this month (weather permitting). Nope.
Work on left/right cues.Huge yes!! He's done so well with this.
- Work on trailer loading - patience, consistency, and lots of treats!
- Give her her first bath of the year - weather permitting.
- If trailering stuff is going well, take a lesson or two and partake in Percentage Days at the end of the month.
- Hack to the outdoor arena and work on lunging.
- Continue to work on desensitization with fly spray, farrier handling, etc.
- Purchase a shorter girth for both saddles.
- Start her on Canpressco oil (when it arrives).
- BE FAIR. Anything she does (aside from bucking, kicking, biting and rearing) is AMAZING. TELL HER SHE'S AMAZING.
- Continue to leg him up; lunging, ponying from Annie (may not happen just yet).
- First bath and possible clip (he hasn't started to shed yet. -_-)