The horses have been enjoying a bit of a break - which in part was due to the weather and partly because Suzie started to look a little less voluptuous. I am not certain why she started to look less "full", but I intended to start fixing it immediately. Mare was put on a concoction of grains which included: 2-3 cups beet pulp (measured before adding water), 2 cups alfalfa pellets, 1 cup sunflower oil, 1-2 cups ProFibre Crunch, and 1 cup Dr Reeds Minerals. It was quite the feast!
|Lookin' a little bit shitty.|
I hopped up on Suzie Wednesday night for our first ride since the whole "sink hole" scenario. She was pretty forward - eager to get out and even more eager to get back home. I hacked out in the English saddle and we went over some exercises at the arena. She was VERY forward (pretty sure it's all that alfalfa she's been getting) and seemed a bit stiff in some spots. We worked through most of it and she gave me a really soft and uphill canter that I could really FEEL was uphill. I wasn't able to get much quality work out of her since she wanted to be pretty bracey and FORWARD on me.
We have quite a bit of work ahead of us before the show on August 8th, so I really need to buckle down and commit to a working schedule of some kind. Too bad I've barely been able to walk since I've started this new work-out program (Tylenol extra strength has been my friend for the last two days).
Spud hasn't been driven in a billion years because the cart is still in the garage at home. We have to fix the single tree before it goes back out and I just haven't gotten around to doing it. So, little pony has been in lunging boot-camp which he is surprisingly very good at.
Exciting developments at the land are starting to surface - we've officially hit clay! Wahoo!