BUT, it truly never ceases to amaze me how much I hate the city.
In between the work courses I was able to get a decent amount of horse-related shopping done and subsequently spoiled Spud rotten. Poor Suzie didn't get anything - not that she really needs anything though!
I ended up purchasing (from top L clockwise):
1. A new hard bristled brush (I like how big the brush is).
2. Grazing Muzzle - you will notice I actually have two muzzles. I found this grazing muzzle after and prefer it, simply because he can still eat, although minimally.
3. Mini Bell Boots - OMG. How cute are these!?! I wanted some kind of leg/ heel protection for him, esp. if I am going to continue to have him canter in harness.
4. Mesh Muzzle - I bought this muzzle before I found the grazing one. I was going to return it, but it was only $11 and you never know when it might come in handy (ie. Spud loses or destroys the other one).
5. Mini SMB-Type Boots - These are hilariously little, too. Only one pair in the entire store and they were about $15 so I snapped them up. Score.
6. Suckling Leather Halter - I couldn't for the life of me find a break-away mini halter so this is the halter that will be attached to the grazing muzzle. I don't feel comfortable turning him out in a nylon one, just because he could get hung up on things and knowing Spud, I know he'll panic. The halter was pretty cheap too and it makes sense to have for safety reasons.
7. Braiding Bands - 'Cause why not. I never have any when I need them and am forever losing them.
8. Pony-Sized Saddle Pad - Anyone recognize this pad? Suzie has the exact same one. I can't wait to see them twinning all over the place.
|Suzie's blue pad.|
And all in all, I'm tired of the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm ready to go home and cuddle my pets, grieve for my little Ratticus, and see my sweet man who has been holding down the fort.