|Peace and serenity.|
I did miss out on some prime time riding, but the visit was well over-due and warranted. I went to several tack stores, bought myself some pretty things and almost bought a $1,500 dressage saddle. I tried on a bunch of show jackets, helmets, show shirts, etc. It was heaven to try things on and see how they fitted versus buying it and hoping it fits.
Some of my purchases included:
- Calf-skin stirrup leathers (Originally $179, on sale for $75... who could say no?!)
- Compositi Stirrups - uhm hello.
- Girth - new one for the pony.
- Hoof Nippers - it's almost like I'm willing Suzie to loose another shoe just so I can use these...
- Be-Calm. It's mostly out of curiosity to see if it'll help with her show nerves more than anything.
And I've already decided I'm going to be purchasing a Modern Arista Hunter Show Jacket. 'Cause ohmygod it looks gorgeous and fits beautifully. I've already taken a bunch of photos of tack I am wanting to sell so I can buy the jacket.
Thankfully, after landing back into town on Saturday evening, the BF and I still had Sunday off to enjoy, unpack and unwind a bit before heading back to work on Monday. I spent the day with the horses, cleaning the paddock, moving the water tub and even hopped on Suzie and trotted and cantered for the first time this year. Suzie was much obliged and did not have brakes, which was wonderful.
|We also visited an old tree park.|