|Spud's wears a foal blanket because he's so leetle.|
"We love sharing what we do with our horses, but what will you NOT do?"
I've compiled a pretty simple, straight-forward list of some of the things I certainly will NOT budge on. Feel free to add your thoughts or ideas in the comments - I'd love to hear them!
Without further ado, here is the list of things I won't do:
- Teach my horse's how to rear/strike - it is just plain dangerous.
- Buy a horse who is a compulsive rearer/bucker, etc or ride an unbroke horse. I don't need to deal with falling off/being afraid and I certainly don't need to be a horse's first rider!
- Keep my horse in a stall without a run-out attached or turn out during the day. My horses are only boxed if there is a medical reason.
- Keep my horses in barbed wire.
- Punish a misbehaving horse by withholding necessities (food, water, shelter, etc).
- Use chain/wire or gag bits, draw reins, or tie-downs. I'm not a fan of gimmicks, nor do I feel comfortable using any of these items.
- Raise a foal from birth. Too much work, effort and tears.
|Best buddies for life.|