June Recap, Suzie:
- Work on a more softened response to the bridle. - Kind of a fail.... She is better, but far from where I would like her to be.
- Extend and collect all the gaits! - Big, fat nope for this month! Boo!
- Ride one handed! - I did it! And survived!! (Blog post to follow)
Prepare for a schooling show the first week of July!- Success! Show clothes are in, just have to make sure they fit OK and shine up the tack.
- Keep listening to Suzie's abilitie.- Suzanne was off for about a week to just recuperate a bit.
- Participate in the July show and have a positive experience! Remember, it is JUST a fun show and mistakes are OK.
- Work with new split reins and ride one handed more.
- Work on using JUST legs/seat to cue Suzie and don't rely on neck-reining/direct reining to turn.
- Maintain her weight and muscle her up! Trail riding!!!
- Take LOTS of pictures.
June Recap, Tally:
Continue to hack out and expose her to the "new" areas. - Kind of a success! Every time we go to ride in the arena, it's a 20min trail ride to get there. I'd like to do more trail riding with her though. Work on more consistency at the gaits. - MUCH better! Still unbalanced, but GOOD.
Put in a GOOD Dressage school once or twice a week.- Was only able to do 1x a week and she was STELLAR! Begin jumping schooling.- GIANT success! (Blog post to follow!) She was a total BEAST mare and just ate up the jumps! Prepare for the schooling show at the beginning of July.- We are as ready as we'll ever be. She is still unbalanced, rushy, etc, but this is a fun show and it will be good for exposure.
- Trail riding! Good for muscling, endurance and stamina! This mare loves trail riding, according to her owner, so it'd be a great endurance-builder!
- Attend the July schooling show and do a jump course, and try not to lose my marbles!
- Work on developing that canter a bit more!
- Attempt to ride with spurs to get "more" from her.