|Annie says, "I only misbehaved on our hack on Saturday|
because you neglected me for 10 days and expected me to
be all good with a hack during a crazy wind-storm. Plus,
I'm four, you moron."
- Start to figure out show outings (schooling shows) and other low-stress events.
trailroad-riding; with company and out solo.
- Practice loading into the dreaded straight haul; haul out at least twice this month.
- Work with her at least 3-4 times a week, even if it is just ground-work.
- Work on lunging to help her start to build up muscle and balance, as well as figuring out that right lead canter. In addition, having her respond to the vocal cues on the lunge will transfer to under-saddle.
- Don't be afraid to ask for MORE from her. Don't be mean to her, but don't let her get away with shit either. For example, with the cantering business - get after her to give me MORE canter strides.
- Continue to work on ground work - picking up feet, bridling, blanketing, touching in ears/gums, etc.
- Schedule and have farrier appointment done.
|Suzie says, "I'm happy and fat. Pls don't take|
me hand-walking again though. I hated
every minute of being away from my besties."
- Give her her early "Spring" Legend injection if she needs it.
- Continue to be an elderly, retired pon-pon.
|Spud says, "Is it too late to send|
Annie back from where you got her?"
- Start to plan out show schedule with real-time dates and locations (in case anything has changed).
- Haul out to indoor arena at least twice this month.
- Start legging him up with road-work (the outdoor is going to be under snow for a bit still).