So, while I have come up with a few general goals I would like to achieve for the entire year, I have also decided I will be bringing back my installments of monthly goals like I had done in 2015. With the amount of changes I went through in 2016, I feel like some goals are best posed for a shorter time period.
- Be comfortable, content, and retired. If anyone deserves the life of leisure, it's this mare.
- Continue to utilize the pain management program set out by the Vet; continue with the injections and continually reassess her quality of life to ensure she is stable and happy.
- Order a new cart for him if it is in the cards (financial cards, that is).
- Compete at 1-3 FDTs or CDEs at 1st Level.
- Qualify for the 2018 BC Heritage Championships
- Have him understand vocal cues for turning ("left"/"right" are the words I am using versus the customary "gee"/"haw").
- Nail down the lengthens and free walk.
- Purchase a new horse (?!)
- Work hard to pay off debts that have accumulated from earlier in 2016.
- Complete and survive my first year of my CHSE certificate - preferably ahead of schedule.
- Continue to plug away at the property and work towards bringing the horses home.
- Take a trip with the SO somewhere - preferably to the island to visit my parents.
2017, I am ready for you.